The Agriculture Systems Associate Certification certifies that individuals have a fundamental knowledge and skill set applicable to entry level positions in the agricultural industry. This certification exam covers basic principles of:
- The evolution of production agriculture
- Differences between animal welfare and ethical treatment of animals
- Principals and skills used in dairy production
- Principals and skills used in livestock production
- Principals and skills used in poultry production
- Principals and skills used in aquaculture production
- Principals and skills used in vegetable production
- Principals and skills used in nursery production
- Good work habits, agricultural leadership, and communication skills
- Scientific and technical skills used in production agriculture
Industry Readiness Indicators
In addition to fundamental skills and knowledge related to agriculture systems, certifications encompass skills and practices that everyone should acquire to be career ready including communication, decision-making, creativity and innovation, critical thinking, problem solving, integrity, ethical leadership, and cultural/global competency.
Indicators are identified by industry and correlated with current educational frameworks.